The Year In Books / January

Friday 17 January 2014

IMG_4688

Before my days of play-doh, crayons, porridge in my hair and partying all night with the small people, I had nothing but time to burn (though I hardly realised it) and a head full of whimsy.  I could spend hours, if I wanted, wrapped up in a book and often did from a young age. I think I was  maybe six when I read Roald Dahl's 'Matilda' cover to cover, over and over again and when I wasn't reading the book I was trying with all my might to be the incredible little girl in the story. I may never have managed to make things fly with my eyes but I'm certain I took huge strength and belief in my small self from Dahl's tale. These days, I'm grateful to have my Matilda and George to pass a love of books onto but for all the many, many stories I may read and make up for them, I'm not so good at making time to read myself. I had promised to pick it up again as one of my many aims for the year but decided, when I saw Laura's post to hop on board with The Year In Books. A book for every month of the year, sounds alright to me. I'm starting with 'The Poetics of Space', this has been on my shelf since art college and hasn't been read since then. Something to wake up my sleepy brain a bit. We'll see how this goes, ey.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I've also joined The Year In Books group. I think it is about the only #project I have a chance of actually completing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, have you? I'm interested to see what everyone is reading. Haha, hope I finish it too :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for joining me. That looks like a fascinating read. I'm glad to have discovered your blog. Laura

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

LITTLE BEDS © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger